When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Sunday, May 24, 2009

comfort and peace

Let my teaching fall on you like rain; let my words settle softly like dew. . .like rain on tender grass, like gentle showers on young plants. (Deutronomy 32:2 )
It has been that kind of day.
There’s a soft breeze coming through the window. It rained again this morning and again it was a gentle soaking rain. I didn’t even realize it was coming down until I happened to look out the window. It quietly soaked into the dirt and the sun came out. Now it is evening and the wind is floating in, puffing the curtains as the sun has fallen behind the mountains.

Today has been a hard day for me, but all is at peace and rest now. Sometimes things make your heart ache, but the Lord is always there to pour out comfort. What in the world do people do without the Lord?

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Psalm 62: 7

There is a balm in Gilead
To make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the weary soul.

Some times I feel discouraged,
And think my work’s in vain,
But then the Holy Spirit
Revives my soul again.

Refrain

If you can not preach like Peter,
If you can not pray like Paul,
Just tell the love of Jesus,
And say He died for all.
There is a balm in Gilead
To make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the weary soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment