When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

days going by

At 7:30 everyone is up and gone. Notah left for work at 4:00, Kerra and the kids left for school and errands at 7:00. I let the dogs out one more time and eat some 'no-carb" breakfast and settle down with my laptop. I am exceedingly thankful for my laptop.

Rachael and Michael encouraged me to get one because sitting at a desk for any length of time was very hard on my knees. I kept putting it off until I moved to Columbus with them. Then my computer was packed away and I used their laptop. It was wonderful. I could sit in my recliner with my feet up and be on the computer for hours if I wanted to! Then Michael brought me a special offer flyer from Dell and I was dead in the water!

I ordered one immediately and because I was paying cash, they gave me a $100 coupon that I could use on any other Dell product. I turned right around and got Michael a GPS and Rachael a MP3 player. LOL I know they wanted me spend a whole lot MORE than $100 but I didn't, only about 20 dollars for tax and shipping. So now I have a laptop and Michael n Rachael won't get lost.

I don’t think I have ever lived such a “busy” life as I have since I came to Belen. I never realized how calm and ordered my life was. My family here is constantly doing and going. I guess there is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn’t contribute to a calm lifestyle. And I don’t really mean that negatively. It just isn’t what I’m used to.

My days have always flowed along like deep waters, sometimes rushing, sometimes slowing, but always contained and controlled. I attribute that to the power of God controlling everything. It goes all the way back to my childhood with godly parents. I don’t ever remember my mom and dad arguing or fighting. Money and the household and decisions happened without any conflict. And it was peaceful. That meant very little to me then, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve come to see how much that atmosphere influenced me when I became an adult.


So I guess from my parents or somewhere along the line of my years I learned to let go and let God manage me. And when He managed ME, He managed all the other things connected to my life too—my job, my home, my kids, my worries and my joys. Why is it that you only appreciate things when they are past?

No comments:

Post a Comment