When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Saturday, March 6, 2010

songs of zion

I’ve been listening to the Monarch Springs Congregation’s wonderful Church of God singing. I thank the Lord for the day brother Steve posted their link. I’ve listened to it repeatedly ever since. Their website strikes number must have been climbing because I’m there nearly everyday and sometimes several times a day.

This is the link http://www.churchofgodeveninglight.com/songs.htm I’m playing it right now so I don’t know if this link will take you directly into music or you will have to pick from the menu. I’m listening to the Monarch Springs Campmeeting—2006 if you want to listen where I am right now. I love the congregational singing. It blesses my heart over and over. The special singing is good too, but I’m telling you my favorite.
Here is the song that took me there I Will Praise Him, Hallelujah!

Oh, I praise the Lord who bought me, hallelujah!
I’m a happy pilgrim bound for glory land;
I am singing, and I hope to sing forever,
When before His throne eternal I shall stand.

Refrain:
I will praise Him, hallelujah!
I will praise Him more and more:
If I had ten thousand lives in which to praise Him
I could not enough my blessed Lord adore.
I will praise Him for salvation, hallelujah!
Richest treasure human spirits ever found;
Once I wandered far away, was sad and lonely,
But I’m dwelling now where pleasures e’er abound.
Oh, I’ll never cease to praise Him, hallelujah!
For He gives me peace abounding every day;
He redeemed me from my sins and fully cleansed me,
And I find His service sweeter all the way.
I will praise the name of Jesus, hallelujah!
I will praise Him for His mercies unto me;
Then I’ll praise Him with the angels in the morning,
When the face of my dear Savior I shall see.
Oh, I praise Him for the strength He daily gives me,
I am running now to gain that heav’nly prize;
Soon with joy I’ll reach the goal of life immortal,
And go sweeping through the gates of paradise.

Sometimes these old hymns carry such a fantastic meaning but they have largely been tossed out of modern worship. Modern religions tend to follow the 7/11 trend—seven words repeated eleven times—in their music programs. This is a familiar psychological technique for developing enthusiasm where none was before. It is used with tremendous success by cheerleaders in high school ball games to build team support and encourage the players.

The child of God needs no cheerleader to build his enthusiasm. The blessings of God springing up with in his soul make the praise bubble out. It is always there, just below the surface of everyday cares and labor, to carry us through the times when our body is tired and discouraged. And when we step aside from the everyday routine to sit quietly in the Lord’s presence they just bubble up and effervesce, flow out, gush out. And sitting down with the people of God produces rejoicing and praise that no worship leader can produce no mater how much cheer leading he does. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment