When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

another morning

I love mornings! I love being up before everyone else. I love the quietness and the solitude. I’m really almost a hermit by nature I guess. Give me my dogs and my books, maybe some pencils, paint and something to draw on, and, of course, my laptop, and I’m happy.

When people begin getting up and starting their day, even though they aren’t doing anything especially noisy or upsetting, it messes up the day. The bustle of life makes ripples and little swells and finally splashing and crashing and finally tidal waves in the smooth current of the morning. It is all normal and even good, but it isn’t the quiet of morning.

I guess that is why the psalmist and the preacher speak about rising early to worship God. It is a blessed time. I’ve seen programs and books and heard preachers who mandate getting up early to read the Bible. They make it seem almost as though you really aren’t saved if you don’t do it just at that time. They call it their ‘quiet time’ but I think if it is a mandate, it takes away from the blessing of it. I don’t wake up early because I have to. I do it because I love to. I don’t spend the time visiting with the Lord because I have to. I do it because I love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment