When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Friday, January 30, 2009

This is the day

Yesterday the topic of ‘your favorite day” came up on one of those quizzes passed among internet friends from time to time. It came to my mind as I considered a response that I have no favorite day, but each one has its own value and I enjoy them all. I thought of the verse in Psalms 118: 24. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. It carries spiritual meaning in reference to the gospel day and Christ’s offered salvation, but this time I just took it at face value.

So many times we only expect the days as they roll past without ever considering that they are each ordained of God. We complain about the bad days or the cloudy days or the days when things just never go right. But on the good days when the sun shines and the boss is in a good mood, we seem to feel that by some amazing feat we have accomplished it by our own abilities. Yet God has His hand over us and our days are ordered by Him.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:23 – 25 We have the reassurance that regardless of what each day might bring we can know that it has been ordered by Him and we can rejoice that He is in control.


When I was younger I took the last verse simply at face value, but as I’ve gone through life I’ve learned the wonderful truth of it. I was young, and now am old yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Still I can honestly say, that in spite of hard times in my life and what I’ve seen in the lives of others, that this verse has a beautiful security and truth in it.


I can rejoice and be glad in this particular day because God has made it exactly to fit MY needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment