When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

(I'm posting this everywhere, on every site I have access to. it is SUCH an important concept for men and women today to wrap their minds around! We MUST be born in Zion if we are ever to see God! )

Sunday was our family reunion. I wasn't able to go but my brother went. He called this morning to ask me if I knew Uncle Gene had died. He said, I believe, it had happened about four months ago. I wondered, when I hung up from talking with Buster, if he had died in the Lord. For most of his life, Uncle Gene, although a good man, was not saved. I haven’t seen him for years and years so I don’t know what his spiritual standing was. The last time I saw him he had started going to church, but he said nothing of being born again.

As I sat here in the quiet these last few minutes, my mind went to the Psalms where David was talking about God’s People and His Church, “5And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her. 6The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there.” (Ps 87:5-6) I thought what a beautiful testimony that was. That someone would say of a person that they were ‘born in Zion.” I remembered all the saints I’ve known who left that testimony behind them-- this or that individual was born in Zion! How wonderful to not just have a piece of paper saying they were citizens the city but to have lived a life that verified it.

I thought of those who have gone on to be with the Lord and I never even had to think about the question, because their lives had been dedicated to God. They had lived such consistent lives of righteousness that even a sinner could recognize that they were one of God’s people--not by thei words the said but by the very life of Christ showing out through them. There isn’t enough of that in the world today. There aren’t enough people who live as though they were born in spiritual Zion.

I want my life to be such that when I’m gone, those looking on my memory will be able to say with a surety, “This woman was born in Zion!”

No comments:

Post a Comment