When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Sunday, January 10, 2010

God's Triumphant Church!

I’ve just been listening to good church of God singing. I miss that. I can spend time with God and be blessed and strengthened and rejoice. But the sound of the saints of God praising God in song just doesn’t come any way but by being there! And I’m not in a position where I can be there…

The song that blessed me most this morning was “The Church Triumphant!” You know, almost no one any more believes in a church and a people that can be triumphant! Everyone seems to think we have to sin a little everyday. They feel the little habits of life are always going to follow us and as long as we don’t get carried away with them they are okay. They loudly proclaim their ‘witness for Jesus’ but they live in utter confusion. They talk about being saved and living for God but freedom from sin doesn’t enter into the conversation. And if you do introduce it, it seems like a foreign language.

I am so thankful today for a Church Triumphant! I am so thankful for a Savior that gives the people of His Church victory over sin and the Devil! That is what Jesus came to establish—not some where far out in the future, but in this world today! Amen!

Listen to it here: http://www.churchofgodsinging.com/index.php?do=p&id_song=6
Men speak of “a church triumphant”
As something on earth unknown,
They think us beneath the tyrant
Until we shall reach our home.
~Refrain:
Thank God for a church triumphant,
All pure in this world below!
For the kingdom that Jesus founded
Does triumph o’er every foe.
Oh, cannot the great Redeemer
Prevail over Satan here?
Or must we remain yet under
Confusion, pressed down in fear?
He built on a sure foundation,
And said that the gates of hell
Against her divine munition
Can never indeed prevail.
’Tis not in the church of Jesus
That people yet live in sin;
But in the dark creeds they’re joining,
And vainly are trusting in.
God’s church is alone triumphant,
In holiness all complete;
And all the dark pow’rs of Satan
She tramples beneath her feet.
~Refrain:
Thank God for a church triumphant,
All pure in this world below!
For the kingdom that Jesus founded
Does triumph o’er every foe.

Oh how blest I was this morning to hear the truth in this song. What a joy to be able to not just listen but to sing with the singers! I grew up with this song and I've experienced the truthe of it I don’t have to sin! I can be triumphant! I don’t have to be subject to the desires of the flesh. I don’t have to succumb to Satan’s deceit every time he comes past. I can have victory over his temptation. I don’t have to worry about doing something unwittingly that God will merit God’s disapproval. I don’t have to come to God every time I pray and ask his forgiveness for sins I’ve committed. I don’t have to commit those sins! Amen! I don’t have to worry over ‘unknown sins’ because I know the Bible teaches us that sin is a knowing transgression of God’s Word. I don’t need to live in fear of doing something wrong by accident because I didn’t know. I have the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me and teach me all things. Praise the Lord, if there is something I shouldn’t be doing, He’ll tell me and I can not do it.!
I found a sermon online this morning that will bear listening to if you really want to serve the Lord. It's about standing firm with Jesus. http://www.godsacres.org/pg.popup.sesher.html

If we are to be a part of the Church Triumphant, you have to stand firm with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment