When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Friday, January 15, 2010

oh I want to see him!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf5kRWKy73Y&feature=related
(Oh! I wish I could put videos in here! I cannot figure it out! If you know please explain it to me! )

As I journey through the land, singing as I go,
Pointing souls to Calvary—to the crimson flow,
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.
~Refrain:
Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the streets of glory let me lift my voice,
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,
But I’ll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;
Satan’s snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;
But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate’er betide.
When in valleys low I look toward the mountain height,
And behold my Savior there, leading in the fight,
With a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low,
Guiding me, I can see, as I onward go.
When before me billows rise from the mighty deep,
Then my Lord directs my bark; He doth safely keep,
And He leads me gently on through this world below;
He’s a real Friend to me, oh, I love Him so.

This song has been on my heart for about three days. I’ve wakened up singing it. It has echoed through my head off and on all day . I love serving the Lord! How great it is to not just think about him on Sundays or when we set our minds to be religious, but to LIVE with Him, to have him there like a friend who lives in the same house with you in the same room. The words I’m listening to in the background while I’m writing this just said, “He’s a real friend to me! Oh I love Him so.” It is just like that.

Paul said, ‘Now we see through a glass darkly, but then we shall see him face to face.’ What will that be like? I can hardly conceive of it. In II Corinthians 3, Paul was comparing the administration of the Law to that of Grace and he said 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. It seems like he can’t find words to describe how much better and more glorious this administration of the spirit is than that of the Law. I think it will be something like that to see Jesus face to face. We just won’t have words to describe it!

Another song asks “ Face to face with Christ my Savior, Face to face what will it be?” I don’t know but I’m anxious to find out.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see Him too.

    "And the Spirit and the bride say "Come!"
    Rev. 22:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your brief quotation of the Breck/Tullar song "Face to Face" that caught my eye this morning--today being the 141st anniversary of Mr. Tullar's birth. It will indeed be a wonderful thing to stand in the presence of our Saviour. Yet, even now, we can "see" Him with the eyes of faith (Ps. 27:8).

    If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

    ReplyDelete