When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Thursday, January 21, 2010

grace to help in time of need

I was involved in a discussion about the Temptation of Christ. And another person commented how maybe the reason Jesus was tempted was so he could be our example. She was exactly right but she seemed hesitant about expressing her thoughts.
The entire discussion made my soul rejoice so much that I'm posting parts of it everywhere I can think of because maybe someone doesn't know what Jesus does for us. And even those who do know will rejoice. What is the old song? "I love to tell the story, for those who know it best, seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest..." Amen. I never tire of hearing about What Jesus did for us and does for us daily. Praise the Lord, I'm not waiting for Him to come conquering and to conquer in some future day or battle. He is doing that for me every single day of my life!

There are several places in the Word that tell us how Jesus came as Man to be tempted as Man and lived as a man so that He could stand at the right hand of God and make intercession for us. (Romans 8:14) One of my most comforting and encouraging thoughts when I come to the Lord with one of my petitions for help is the image of Jesus right there with God saying, “Yes, Father, hear her; help her. It is hard being a human. I know what it's like. I was one!”

How glorious to know that He stands/sits right there to move the Great Heart of God in our behalf. Why pray to Mary or a saint for help when we can have JESUS making intercession for us!

Hebrews 2: 16-18 tells us. “For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him[self] the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that HE HIMSELF HATH SUFFERED BEING TEMPTED, HE IS ABLE TO SUCCOR THEM THAT ARE TEMPTED. ”

And again in Hebrews, but now in the fourth chapter, it says, “Seeing then that we have a great high priest. . . Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but [HE] WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, YET [was] WITHOUT SIN. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:14-16

Isn’t that wonderful? We can find mercy and grace to help in time of need. The Savior, at His physically weakest moment (after fasting 40 days) submitted Himself to being tempted by Satan just so he could be an example and help to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment