When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Monday, August 24, 2009

oh I want to see him

I love living for the Lord. I love having a Savior that you can meet with any time. I'm not sure what it was that started my mind down this road, but here I am, sitting in my nightgown having "church." Isn't that great! Isn't it great we don't have to be in a beautiful church to meet with Him? Isn't it great we don't have to go through a priest or a minister? He is as close as a quiet petition or a dip into the Word of God.
So, here it is, just after one in the morning. I was asleep from about nine oclock, then about forty-five minutes ago, I woke up and got ready for bed. lol And now that I'm read for bed, I'm wide awake and having "church"


I've been thinking on the song, Oh, I Want to See Him!

Oh, I want to see Him Look upon His face,
there to sing forever of His Saving Grace,
On the streets of glory, Let me lift my voice,
Cares all gone, home at last, ever to rejoice.

How fantastic will that be.

I never remember the first verse until after the fact for some reason, but the second verse goes:
When in service for my Lord, dark may be th enight.
But I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light.
Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside,
But my Lord leads me on, leads what ere betide.

What's great about serving the Lord is that we don't have to wait to see a counselor or a priest or until we can get to a hushed and sacred church building to pray, He is right there with us. No matter how dark or sad or confusing life might be, we can just pull up closer to Him and we can see our way through. I think the reason we see so many "Christians" in difficulty with their walk is because they are still relegating the Savior to a specific building or service. And when Satan's snares spring up in their path, they are at a loss because suddenly they need help but the church building is across town and the preacher is not at home. How great is it that Jesus can be with us constantly and we can converse/commune with him all the time! Even in the middle of the night when the church buildings are closed up and the pastors, and preachers and priests are all gone to bed.

And another verse says:
When before me billows rise, from the stormy deep,
Then my Lord directs my bark, He doth safely keep.
And He leads me gently on through this world below.
He's a real friend to me Oh! I love Him so!

Too many times we want to put the Lord off somewhere in the heavens or relegate His Presence to a special holy place. But when we do that He is too far off when we need Him, Yes, He is 'high and lifted up.' Yes, He is the Creator of the Universe. Yes, He is the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Yes, we call Him Wonderful and Counselor. And yet, and yet, He desires to dwell with us, to be in us! The old covenent that put a separation between Man and God has been done away with by His blood. WE can have what the patriarchs only dreamed of and yearned after!
Now He has established an intimate relationship with His People. He writes His law in our hearts and our minds. Now it is not recorded on some tablet of stone, sitting in a tabernacle waiting to be read by a priest. NO! Now it is with us constantly. And the very Savior of All Mankind comes in and sits down and we commune with Him and He with us on a constant and daily basis! We don't have to wait for a special place or service or sacrifice by a certain priest to have fellowship or petition for help. He is right there with us! Or at least He wants to be. If we will allow Him to be.
And when we wake up at midnight and focus our thoughts toward Him and His Word, He is right there to bless us and give us the fellowship of communing with Him.

See why I love this Life for the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment