When you are reading here whether you found me intentionally or accidently, please take time to leave a comment and let me know where you are and what you are thinking. I love feed back. Vondi

Sunday, August 16, 2009

see what I can do!

For a long time I have been a little envious of those who can create graphics 'out of thin air.' I know how to copy and paste and I have a group of friends who create these neat graphics and post them to be "snagged" into my album. Yeah, yeah. I can "talk the talk," but I haven't a clue how to 'walk the walk" Give me a pencil or paint and I can create picture from scratch, but I can't do it on the computer...

Not until I found this website, FotoFlexer. ( http://fotoflexer.com/ ) Different people had recommended sites to me, but they all required that you pay to download the program. I didn't want to pay for something I wasn't sure I would be able to use. I know the computer geeks tell us that anybody can work their program, but I have news for them. I can't even follow their simplified directions. Part of it is that I'm a complete illiterate at understanding computers. And part of it is that they know computers so thoroughy that even when they try to simplify the directions, they are still assuming I know things that I don't. And all those letters- URL, http, jpg- what is THAT all about. For them these basics are so common that they don't realize that the stupids of us have never even dreamed of them.

Anyway, I found this free use site, FotoFlexer. And very timidly I worked thorugh their first "edit a sample photo" with one of the three photos they supplied. I could do it! Then I got a little braver. The button below the sample pictures said, "edit photos from your computer." I have a wealth of photos on my computer so, brave one, I tried! How fantastic! Now I know how to take one of my photos, add a text, scripture, saying, or greeting and save it to post here, there or the other place.

I was so excited that I lost the very first one I did. I forgot to save it before I went on to try again, but here is the second.


While I'm thinking about it.. I used the phrases talk the talk and walk the walk earlier. I've heard this used so frequently by religious folks. They say you have to talk the talk and walk the walk. But they have no idea what walking the walk means. They talk about salvation and how Jesus can change our lives and make a difference. They know all the pat phrases and you can almost recognize their denominational background as soon as they open their mouths. But then when we look at their life, it is no different from their old life except that every chance they get they begin quoting scripture and encouraging you to 'be born again' and 'accept Christ as you personal Savior'

Now even sinners can tell the difference between a hypocrit and a true child of God. In fact they are probably much better at it that many Christians. The problem is some individuals make so much noise talking the talk, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the sinner who says to himself, "Why should I accept Christ when they don't live any different that I do?" And you know, they have a point.
Living the life (walking the walk) has a much much greater impact on people than all the talking anyone could ever do. One of the scriptures that has always impacted strongly on my life was Peter's admonition: be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. The phrase that my that holds my attention is being ready "to give an answer" for the hope within us. This to me, implies that walking the walk comes first. If we are walking the walk, then sinners are going to want to know why.
We get all wrapped up in the fact that Jesus sent the disciples into all the world to preach the gospel. We get involved in the thought that we are to witness. We are supposed to testify of Jesus power. What we neglect to notice is that with the apostles and Christ and all the great ministers of God through the ages, the witnessing, the preaching, the testifying have followed their living a life for God.
We cannot get so involved in witnessing that we neglect to walk the walk. If we are to have any impact for the Lord in this world, we must live the life, walk the walk that is pleasing to God. Trust me when I say, that godly life will be a witness without your ever saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment